• All entries must be Unguarded-related, depicting at least one of the UG characters. Crossovers are okay!
• No NSFW entries, please. Racy content is fine but please be courteous to our younger readers (mark/tag appropriately).
• Illustrations, fan-comics, and fanfics are all accepted.
• All experience levels are welcome.
• The Halloween theme is encouraged but not required.
• There is no entry limit. Submit as many as you desire. All submissions will be considered for each category. It is possible for a single submission to win more than one category ONLY if there are no other entries that qualify for it.
• To enter, simply submit to the appropriate folder (2017 Halloween Art Contest) here.
Entries will be accepted until October 29th 2017 23:59 PST. The submission folder will remain open through October 31st; however, entries submitted after the Oct. 29th window will not be considered for prizes.
Winning entries will be judged based on clarity of chosen theme> creativity/originality> quality of composition> overall impression.
Winners will be announced on 31 October 2017. Winning recipient(s) will be contacted through DA Notes on the 30th.
"Off-topic" entries are automatically placed as a lower priority and will not be considered for prizes.
Categories and Prizes*:
Best Illustration Runner-Up
Best Writing Runner-Up
Best Comic Runner-Up
Sexiest (SFW) Runner-Up
If the winner(s) prefer, these prizes may be substituted for a three-month DA Core Membership.
*Prizes will be mailed directly to the winning recipient(s). I will message the winner(s) through DeviantArt's Note system for shipping information. Because this is the first Halloween contest and I intend to make it the biggest each year, I would like to offer a little Freeza-related souvenir to all participants. To expedite the process, feel free to note me your mailing address and a link to your active submission(s). I cover the cost of shipping.
Optional: All participants who provide a DA note (include mailing address and link to your submission(s) by closing on Oct. 31st will get a small thank you in the mail for joining in on the first annual Halloween contest. It may not be as cool as some of the other prizes but it will be Freeza- related. ^_^
IMPORTANT: If you are not interested in in being considered for prizes, please mention this in your submission(s) or note me prior to the contest closing. I will then know not to forward your submission(s) to the judges.
I think that covers it. Have a question? Ask away!